Monday, September 21, 2015

Ben Carson Responds To Media On Muslims For President




Ben Carson responded tonight on his Facebook page regarding the media frenzy on his statement that he made on NBC's "Meet The Press " yesterday on whether or not a Muslim should be President of the United States.   


"I wanted to get back to answering questions tonight sent in by you guys. Remember, you can send in your questions via email by sending it to AskBen@BenCarson.com.

Before I get started, I wanted to thank the hundreds of thousands of you that sent birthday greetings. I was touched and deeply appreciative.

The first issue I want to deal with tonight is the stories today about my comments yesterday when I was asked if I would support a hypothetical Muslim candidate for President. I responded “I would not advocate for that” and I went on to say that many parts of Sharia Law are not compatible with the Constitution. I was immediately attacked by some of my Republican peers and nearly every Democrat alive. Know this, I meant exactly what I said. I could never support a candidate for President of the United States that was Muslim and had not renounced the central tenant of Islam: Sharia Law.

Those Republicans that take issue with my position are amazing. Under Islamic Law, homosexuals – men and women alike – must be killed. Women must be subservient. And people following other religions must be killed.

I know that there are many peaceful Muslims who do not adhere to these beliefs. But until these tenants are fully renounced…I cannot advocate any Muslim candidate for President.

…I also can’t advocate supporting Hillary Clinton either by the way.
There were many questions about this and I wanted everyone to know exactly where I stand.The second question comes tonight from John. John asks “what other talents does Candy have besides violin?”

She is extremely talented. She also plays piano and flute. In fact, she recently recorded a CD that we plan to give to our donors as a thank you gift. Candy also graduated from Yale and earned an MBA from Johns Hopkins. She just finished her new book that comes out in January. Candy is one of those people who can do just about anything.

The last question tonight is from Brenda. Brenda asks if my family tree has been researched.


Actually, I was quite blessed that a Yale classmate of mine, Henry Louis Gates, researched my ancestors on the PBS show "African American Lives" in 2006. My ancestors were slaves brought to the United States from a region along the border of Kenya and Tanzania. They were brought to Georgia. After emancipation, the family, which had been divided by their owners, was reunited. I am very thankful for all of the research that was done by Professor Gates. I assume you can probably find the show on YouTube.

Thank you for reading this tonight. Most of all, thank you for standing with me in this fight to save our great country.

Goodnight,

Ben"

3 comments:

  1. Very Well Said Dr. Ben Carson, I support you....!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say we should have Legislature that states the government has to balance the budget every year no holdouts and the politician who runs the state or city that they run into bankruptcy needs to be held accountable. It should be considered a treasonous act

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a serious shame that there are those in this country who should be in the know about Islam, and are not. They want to believe Islam is like Christianity. It is not. Islam is a way of life. To become a Muslim one must become subserviant to Sharia in the eyes of Muslims everywhere. There are beliefs which not only must be lived by but the belief is all must be converted. If they go against that then they are to be killed by their own religion. Their religion also makes it ok to lie about what they are up to. That is their scripture. They cannot be trusted.

    ReplyDelete